martedì 16 luglio 2019

Teaser Tuesday #231

Ed ecco di nuovo la rubrica settimanale Teaser Tuesday, creata dal blog Should Be Reading, che si divide in poche, semplici fasi:
1_ prendi il libro che stai leggendo
2_ apri una pagina a caso
3_ scrivi un breve brano (stando attenti a non spoilerare)
4_ scrivi titolo e autore


I lifted my chin. "Men of England - and some, I hope, of Wales!" A reassuring cheer arose from a small rear-guard. "I greet you all with a beating heart; one that has seldom beated under English skies but which holds them as dear as any denizen. And holds you dear, for all in this room are brothers, not in blood but in allegiance because we pursue a cause both honourable and just. That is, to rid our native land of an evil mind and a tyrannous usurper."
I was encouraged by some shouts of approval and continued more confidently. "In the past some of us have fought under opposing banners and may hark back to old enmities. But the present reality is worse than the dynastic struggles of the past, and we must vow to bring it to an end; to move forward to a future that is neither York nor Lancaster but both. If you will march behind my banner to establish a new order and the future peace of the realm, I will undertake to unite York and Lancaster to the satisfaction of all.
To that end I invite you to join me and my lords of Pembroke and Dorset at Christamstide in the great cathedral of Saint Pierre in Rennes to celebrate our new alliance. I ask that there you make your oath of loyalty not only to a common cause but also to me as one who, by his birth and blood, Almighty God has purposed to occupy the throne of England.
I in turn will swear a solemn oath to you that once I wear the crown, I will join my Lancastrian blood with that of York by marriying the Princess Elizabeth."
 - The Tudor Crown, Joanna Hickson

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento