martedì 21 aprile 2015

Teaser Tuesday #119

Ed ecco di nuovo la rubrica settimanale Teaser Tuesday, creata dal blog Should Be Reading, che si divide in poche, semplici fasi:
1_ prendi il libro che stai leggendo
2_ apri una pagina a caso
3_ scrivi un breve brano (stando attenti a non spoilerare)
4_ scrivi titolo e autore

Alex wanted to take me to the doctor the second day I was sick. I quickly pointed out that this was impossible. There was obviously something beyond normal scientific reason going on. Besides, how was I supposed to explain where my scars come from? They would likely assume I was in extreme body marking and assume I was on some sort of drugs. Alex quickly saw my reasoning but did not exactly like it.
I had been right in my thinking that should Alex have to take care of me, he would be much more pleasant to deal with than Cole had been. Alex never left my side for more time than it took me to shower, though after the fourth day, he insisted on waiting in the bathroom for me when I had become too dizzy and crashed to the floor. He was patient, never seeming to mind that I was becoming the absolute center of his attention.
Despite how terrible the entire scenario was, I couldn't be completely ungrateful for this unique time we were given. With so muchtime spent just one on one, it provided a very intimate opportunity to get to know one another.
 - Branded, Keary Taylor

5 commenti: