martedì 16 luglio 2013

Teaser Tuesday #38

Ed ecco di nuovo la rubrica settimanale Teaser Tuesday, creata dal blog Should Be Reading, che si divide in poche, semplici fasi:
1_ prendi il libro che stai leggendo
2_ apri una pagina a caso
3_ scrivi un breve brano (stando attenti a non spoilerare)
4_ scrivi titolo e autore

"Father, what is that is amiss between you and me?"
I went and sat on the piled sheepskins of the bed place, and stared into the sea-blue heart of the tallow candle flame. "Is that what you came to ask me? I don't know. God, I don't know, Medraut; but whatever it is, I admit the fault of it, I and my house - I who kindled the spark of your life in your mother's womb, my father who first taught her mother how to hate."
"Hate, yes," he said broodingly. "I am your guilt made flesh, am I not, Father? You will always smell the dark birth-smell of my mother's hate on me, and hate me in turn."
"God forbid that I should hate any man who has done nothing to earn it," I said. "It is not so simple as that. There is a shadow cast between you an me, Medraut, a web of shadow that there is no escape from, from either of us."
He came toward me, and before I know what he was about, knelt beside me and bowed his head onto my knee. It was a horrible womanish gesture. "No escape... it is in what you are and in what I am." His voice came muffled against my knee. "No, don't draw away from me. Whatever else I am, I am your son - your most wretched son. If you do not hate me, try to love me a little, Father; it is lonely never to have been loved, only devoured."
I did not answer.
 - Sword at Sunset, Rosemary Sutcliff

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento