martedì 23 dicembre 2014

Teaser Tuesday #104

Ed ecco di nuovo la rubrica settimanale Teaser Tuesday, creata dal blog Should Be Reading, che si divide in poche, semplici fasi:
1_ prendi il libro che stai leggendo
2_ apri una pagina a caso
3_ scrivi un breve brano (stando attenti a non spoilerare)
4_ scrivi titolo e autore

"I remember things that haven't happened yet and I can TALK THAT TALK and stalk that stalk and... if he get sidetracked, then I'll have to do it. And he does get sidetracked. I don't know what's really happened to the real Hogfather or why Grandfather's doing his job, but I know a bit how he thinks and he's got no... no mental shields like we have. He doesn't know how to forget things or ignore things. He takes everything literally and logically and doesn't understand why that doesn't always work... "
She saw his expression.
"Look... how would you make sure everyone in the world was well feed?" she demanded.
"Me? Oh, well, I... " The oh god sluttered for a moment. "I suppose you'd have to think about the prevalent political system, and the proper division and cultivation of arable lands, and... "
"Yes, yes. But he'd just give everyone a good meal," said Susan.
"Oh, I see. Very impractical. Hah, it's as silly as saying you could clothe the naked by, well, giving them clothes."
"Yes! I mean, no. Of course not! I mean, obviously you'd give... oh, you know what I mean!"
"Yes, I suppose so."
"But he wouldn't."
 - Hogfather, Terry Pratchett

6 commenti:

  1. Niente da fare: devo cominciare a leggere in inglese!

    RispondiElimina
  2. Cominciato giusto ieri: Mr Teatime è... semplicemente da brividi!!! :P

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. E diventa sempre più inquietante via via che la storia procede @_@

      Elimina